SADDLEBACK COLLEGE / IVC STUDENT ID:
- Students must have a Saddleback College/IVC student ID # to apply. If you do not have one, please apply to the college here.
- For advising regarding our Health Information Technology Program, or Certificates in Medical Coding or Healthcare Technology Optimization Specialist, you can connect with the program counselor Elizabeth Weiss by scheduling an appointment. To do so, please call our Counseling Office at 949-582-4572, we begin scheduling appointments every business morning at 8 am. Counseling appointments will be released 7 days in advance.
- To be added to our Counselor Call Back list for a quick 15-minute question regarding the program, call us at (949) 582-4572 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In your message include your name, student ID number, and a brief description/question for the counselor, be sure to be specific that you would need to speak to the Health Information Technology program counselor, and for which program you would like information on. The call back hours for this program are Tuesdays 10-11 am & 1-2 pm or Wednesdays from 10:30-11:30 am, 1:30-2:30 pm or 4:30-5:30 pm. You may also visit our Zoom lobby Monday- Thursday 8 am to 5 pm to be added to our callback list. Please click here to enter. Please view online counseling appointment instructions here.
- Official relevant transcripts from outside colleges other than Saddleback College/IVC must be sent to the Admissions & Records office
- See the link on How to Order an Official Transcript
- International transcripts must be evaluated by an acceptable third party, NACES, at: https://www.naces.org/member
PETITION FOR COURSE SUBSTITUTION OR WAIVER:
- All course petitions (if applicable) for credit of courses taken outside of Saddleback/IVC should be submitted. Please meet with a counselor to petition for the courses. CIM, BIO, MATH, PSYC courses belong to different departments and need to be on separate forms. Here is the link to the Petition for Course Substitution/Waiver Form. You will be uploading your unofficial transcripts as part of this application.
- For HIT AS degree only: to earn the Associate of Science (A.S.) Degree in Health Information Technology, students must complete both HIT department requirements and General Education requirements. A previous associates, bachelor's or higher degree does not automatically meet general education requirements. All outside transcripts must be evaluated toward Saddleback College's requirements. In order to be eligible for the RHIT credential, you must earn the A.S. degree from Saddleback College by the end of Spring 2024.
EFFECTIVE AUGUST 1, 2022
- Saddleback College is withdrawing the HIT program from the Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM) accreditation. The college will continue to offer accredited HIT classes until the end of the Spring 2024 semester. Beginning Fall 2024 all HIT classes at Saddleback College will no longer be accredited. Student may choose to transfer to CAHIIM accredited college to complete their degree. If you are a brand-new student or entering the HIT program under the 2022-2023 catalog i.e. Fall 22 or Spring 23, you must finish the program at Saddleback College by the end of Spring 24 to be eligible for the RHIT exam.
- **It is strongly advised that all current and future HIT students meet Elizabeth Weiss in the Counseling Office to discuss educational goals and options.**
- Please check your Submittable account/email used to sign up with for all communication regarding your application.
- Students will receive notification about being accepted into the program and will need to read the HIT Student Handbook and check off the acknowledgement within the HIT Application. Students will need to check Saddleback College emails daily even if they are not taking courses in a particular semester as important updates are sent to the students throughout the program.
SADDLEBACK/IVC STUDENT ID:
- Students must have a Saddleback student ID # to apply. If you do not have one, please apply to the college here. When selecting the term you must choose either spring or summer
- Official relevant transcripts from outside colleges other than Saddleback must be sent to the Admissions & Records office PRIOR to the final course, MA 217 Clinical Externship
- International transcripts must be evaluated by an acceptable third party, at: https://www.naces.org/member
PETITION FOR COURSE SUBSTITUTION OR WAIVER:
- All course petitions (if applicable) for credit of courses taken outside of Saddleback/IVC should be submitted in advance and prior to the final course, MA 217 Clinical Externship period opening up, to allow time to be processed/reviewed.
Congratulations! A position is being reserved for you in Paramedic Class 87. Please complete the following application and attach the required documentation.
- Applicants will need a Saddleback College student ID and email. https://www.saddleback.edu/admissions/Apply-Saddleback-College
- High school diploma or equivalency.
- Current California EMT license.
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) card. This card must be an American Heart Association "Healthcare Provider". No Substitutions. This card must be valid throughout the duration of the class.